I'm attending a cookie party/exchange tonight, and I need to bring a batch of cookies and an appetizer. I knew right away I was going to make my ol' Potato Chip Munchies. I haven't made them in ages, and it's the first recipe I ever made completely on my own without any adult supervision (age 10). They are super easy and super taste!
Since I'm making two things for the party, I wanted both treats to be easy, inexpensive, and something everyone would love. The appetizer I found on pinterest. It's called Pepperoni Pizza Roll Ups. It looks like it will be a cinch to make. Plus, how can you go wrong with pepperoni and melty cheese?
Here are the recipes, I'll post photos after I make them. I still need to buy the ingredients :)
Potato Chip Munchies
1 cup butter or margarine (2 sticks)
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup crushed potato chips (5 cups uncrushed)
- Turn oven to 350 degrees (F). In a large mixer bowl beat butter or margarine with electric mixer on medium speed till softened (about 30 seconds). Add the 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla and beat till fluffy.
- With mixer on low speed gradually add flour and potato chips, beating till well mixed. Drop by rounded teaspoons about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten the dough with a fork that has been dipped in sugar.
- Bake in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes or till golden. With a pancake turner lift cookies onto a cooling rack to cool. Makes about 36 cookies.
Pepperoni Pizza Roll Ups
- Separate the crescent rolls into triangles
- Place 4-5 pepperonis on each triangle and top with half a sting cheese
- Bake according to directions on crescent roll package
- Serve with a side of ranch and/or marinara sauce. You can make as many or as few of these as you like!