Sunday, April 22, 2012

Mini Staycation for Our Anniversary


I've been working on the blog a lot today.  I thought it was time for an update, and time to learn some new tricks.  I have a few more things I want to learn/make on my To Do List.  Then I want to post about how it all came together, and what brought about the changes.  For now I'm way behind on my stash of photos for posts.  These photos seemed appropriate to post today.  This is what Aaron and I were up to last Sunday, which is when we celebrated our anniversary.  Since the actual date was on Monday, and we both had to work ::poo::.  Aaron had to work on Saturday until five, so we drove down to the beach around seven.  

This is Aaron pretending to use the awesome old style phone in our hotel.  We stayed at The Boardwalk Plaza Hotel in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware.  The hotel was Victorian and they had parrots.  It was amazing!  I can't believe I've never stayed at a hotel on the boardwalk in Rehoboth before.  I grew up going to the Delaware beaches with my family, but we'd always rented houses outside of Rehoboth.  It was fantastic staying on the boardwalk!

I made Aaron take some outfit pics of me, which I'll show later this week.  This is me showing Aaron how'd I'd like him to frame the photo.  I usually use a tripod and timer.  However, I spent all the time I was supposed to be packing making/scheduling blog posts, and in my rush out the door I forgot my tripod!  This was a pretty successful technique though, and it might have been even faster then the tripod/timer routine.  

He's so cute!  I love that he plays along with me and all my silly blogger games.  :)  Even on our anniversary date!  It was a great way to kill some time.  We are early risers, and we were waiting for 10 to eat brunch.  I had the most amazing frittata from our hotel's restaurant.  They called it a Delmarva Frittata, made with eggs, Canadian bacon, tomato, baby spinach, and Swiss cheese baked into a puff pastry.  The cheese was melted to perfection, and mmm, just talking about it I'd like to eat another right now!  

We took a walk down the boardwalk, and Aaron asked that I take his pic with this famous Dolle's sign.  He loves that sign.  I took his pic with it once before, but it didn't turn out too hot.  This sign is super iconic of the Delaware seashore, famous for their saltwater taffy and caramel popcorn.  Though Aaron's never eaten anything from the store before, or even stepped foot through their front door!  When I was a kid my Grandmom would always have us grab a box of taffy before we headed home from the shore.  

After brunch we sat on the beach for a couple hours.  Aaron was terrified I'd get burned, which is great, because I'm terrible at remembering to reapply sunscreen.  I ended up with some strange little splotches, but they didn't hurt too bad.  

This was our view from our towels.  The water was too cold to get in, but it was perfect for laying out.  I love pics of the beach like this. 

Me on our drive home.  I love my hair after being in a bun all day.  I've always wish for naturally curly or wavy hair.  I spent ages 3 through 12 constantly curling or perming my hair trying to achieve this effect.  Good thing I learned to let my hair dry in a super messy bun, otherwise I'd have some damaged and tattered hair!  

Hope ya enjoyed our little staycation as much as we did!  Have a lovely Sunday, and happy DIYing, chris!