Friday, May 4, 2012

Fun Friday Fascinations #4


Since I decided to continue posting my internet finds on fridays, I made a cute lil' banner. 
I had a lot of fun making this guy.  I could tool around in GIMP all day making silly little patterns and graphics.  Well I'm not sure this is advanced enough to be considered a true 'graphic', but let's not put our snob hats on, and instead let's bask in the glory of my newbie GIMP skills.  I'm in love with Miss Tina's Fonts and Brittany Murphy's fonts.  Makes me want to get into creating fonts!  Anyway on to my Fun Friday Fascinations!  Trying to get inspired to get back into DIYing everyday, I hit the internet hard, and came up with some lovely gems.  
This painted rug idea is genius.  I found this great tutorial on The idea Room.  I've found tons of different patterns people have been painting on their rugs, but this damask stencil adds an extra level of sophistication.   I love patterns, and I wish everything I own had some sort of pattern on it.  

Similar idea as the rug, but Love Maegan applied lace and some fabric pens to a pair of white pants.  I'd love to try this out on some cloth napkins.  OR you could be super daring, and try it on a couch or an accent chair!  

I always enjoy cuddling up with a good book, and this book igloo by Miler Lagos would make the perfect reading nook.  Throw a quilt and some pillows in there, and the only way you'd get me out is with some food. :)  

I haven't dyed my hair in ages, and ever since I started reading Kaylah's blog I've been pining over her colorful locks.  I'm not allowed to dye my hair fun colors because of the strict dress code at work, but the season is ending, and this cute dip dyed look might be the perfect way to jump back into dying my hair.  I found this great tutorial on how to dip dye  your hair over on Oh So Pretty Diaries.  

I need a new pair of prescription glasses badly.  My current glasses fall off my face whenever I look down.  I love the color of this pair of glasses by BonLook.  They are called Urban Dandy, and the color is Tortoise Havana.  Plus I love what BonLook represents, reading their 'about us' page makes me want to buy a pair of their glasses right now.  

This Mint, Cucumber and Lime Crush drink by Sweet Paul looks extra refreshing.  When Aaron and I were on our honeymoon in New Orleans, I had an alcoholic drink that had cucumbers and basil in it.  I was obsessed with it last summer, and I haven't seen in around since New Orleans.  I'm not much of a drinker, but all this stress of house hunting makes me want to knock back a few and relax.  

Have a great friday ya'll, and happy DIYing, chris!