Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A little planting

I did a DIY earlier today, and then I totally forgot to upload the photos, and write a post.  Opps!  I just finished watching Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs, and then I realized I haven't posted today!  Here are some photos from March, when we planted some kohlrabi and broccoli.  We planted them in our deck rail planters. They are made of plywood measuring 2 feet, by 1 foot, and 6 inches deep.  We drilled holes in the bottom, covered the holes with window screening.  Then we added feet to the bottom.  We built them three years ago, and they've held up great.  Our thyme keeps coming back in one of the boxes, it's fantastic.






As soon as this relentless rain lets up I'll take some photos of our garden's progress.  Things are looking good.  We have more plants to move into larger pots, and I can't wait until flowers start appearing.  I love eating our freshly grown veggies.  Happy DIYing, chris