Saturday, June 16, 2012

This Is Me #2



1. I grew up listening to country music.  There was to be no other genre of music played under my father's roof.  When I was five my mom bought her and I Gloria Estefan's tape Cuts Both Ways.  That was my first exposure to non-country music.  I loved her album Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me.  I could sing along to one of her songs any day.  It took me awhile to allow country music back into my heart, but I enjoy a good foulk- county song, and a singer with some twang. 

2.  I enjoy all sorts of music these days, but if I had to pick my top five favorites, here they are in no particular order:  Nirvana, Modest Mouse, Jurassic 5, The Dirty Projectors, the Pixies, and Mos Def.  

3.  When I was a kid I wanted to be just like Shirley Temple.  Singer, Dancer, Model, Actor, all around awesomely talented little girl.  As an adult, I'm glad I wasn't a child star.  Plus, I don't have a speck of talent for any of the afore mentioned star qualities.  
       

4.  I prefer to spend my waking hours outdoors.  When the weather isn't great for days on end I forget this fact.  Then when the weather gets nice again, it takes me a bit to remember I'm happier when I'm not trapped in by four walls.  

5.  I rarely wear make-up.  

Hope you enjoyed this weeks This Is Me.  Have a lovely Saturday, and Happy DIYing, chris!