Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sun Kissed Nails


Aaron and I worked at the house from nine to three.  Then we came home and watched The Guard together.  Amazing movie, my type of film.  Extra dry and absolutely gorgeous cinematography.  While we were lounging around I painted my nails.  Then Aaron left for work around six thirty, and I didn't realize I had left my camera in our car.  So I decided to try to use my cell phone to take some photos of my nail-do.  

I painted my nails with the teal color first.  Then I tore off nail sized pieces of blue tape for each finger, and cut an upside down 'v' shape out of the middle of each piece.  I carefully placed a triangle on the bottom of each nail, and placed the other half on the top half of my nail.  Leaving an upside down 'v' exposed.  I painted that part of my nail orange.  Let the paint dry, and then removed the tape. 

On my ring finger I painted some glitter nail polish, then painted a clear top coat on everything.  I used Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear line of nail polishes, The Real Teal, Sun Kissed, Disco Ball, and Invisible.  I want to buy some of those nail sticker stencils.  They would work a ton better then the crap ones I make with blue tape.  I get so impatient waiting for my nails to dry, and I usually end up damaging the paint trying to tear off the tape.  

Hope ya'll had a great weekend, and happy DIYing, chris!