Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Canvas Make-Over


So this is kind of a lame DIY, but it's a little project I'm doing for work, so I thought I'd share.  I'm a school photographer for Lifetouch.  For some of our schools we offer canvas prints of building photos.  We try to only produce quality products, and we recently had a mishap with a bunch of our building photos, and our office was left with a bunch of canvas prints that were not good enough to hand over to our schools.  So I decided to use one of the bad prints for a little office project.  This is how the canvas started off.  I blurred out the school name, because it seemed like the right thing to do.  

This is how it looked after one layer of yellow spray paint.

I made sure to also get the corners and the thick edges.  

Two coats of spray paint.

Then I printed a few different sizes of two Lifetouch logos, and attached them to the canvas with Modge Podge.  At first I was coating the back, and then shellacking the front down, but they were getting too wrinkled, so I stopped doing a top coat.  We'll see if I can add a top coat when it dries, if not I might just spray a clear coat of paint over the top.  

I gotta get some sleep! Oi!  Happy DIYing, chris!