Sunday, September 16, 2012

DIY Facial Mask


I've been in a constant battle with my facial skin since I hit puberty.  It doesn't seem to matter what I do, I incessantly have acne.  I can't remember a time when I wasn't self conscious about my face.  When someone says I look younger than I am, which I get a lot, I usually think it's because all my pimples make them believe I must be in my late teens.  To say the least I'm always on a hunt for new cleaners, which can get pricey.  I've been noticing a lot of au naturale recipes for facial masks, that use basic kitchen ingredients.  I was hesitant to give it a try for fear of bringing on a breakout.  But seriously how much damage could stuff I eat do?  

I cruised the internet for some recipes, and I found a lot of ideas.  I decided I wanted to use these three ingredients.  A few drops of lemon juice, a teaspoon of sugar, and three aspirin.  The aspirin needs to be uncoated, ya know the white chalky kind.

I ground up the aspirin with the bottom of my glass bowl.  I scraped the aspirin dust into the bowl, and spooned the sugar in, then dribbled a little lemon juice on top.  Mixed together into a paste, and spread on my face.  

I let it sit for a couple minutes, and then washed off with warm water.  While it was on it felt a bit tingly, which makes me think it must have been working.  I also happened to get a taste of it off my lips, and it's yummy too!  While washing off the mask the sugar felt nice exfoliating my skin.  I shall see how my skin looks in the morning.  I hope this helps my skin, it will certainly be cheaper than Proactive.  


Have a great night, and happy DIYing, chris!