Sunday, November 18, 2012

Coffee and Honey Face Mask


My face has been acting up again.  If you've been following this blog for any length of time you might already know I am not the biggest fan of my skin.  I'm constantly battling acne.  Sometimes it seems like nothing I do helps.  I wash at least once daily, but I aim for twice a day.  I have several hand towels that I use only on my face.  I use a toner after I wash.  I try not to pick at my acne, or touch my face through out the day.  I rarely wear make-up.  Yet my acne persists.  I'm sure it's hormonal and stress related, because it's always the worst the week before my period.  My acne outbreaks make me feel like trash, and disgusting.  I'd give anything for a miracle cure, so lately I've been experimenting with face masks made with simple kitchen ingredients, hoping for magic.  

Today I mixed up a tablespoon of used coffee grounds, a tablespoon of baking soda, two tablespoons of honey, and the juice of half a lemon.  

I rubbed it on, and felt the magic happen. I kept in on for a few minutes, and then rinsed with warm water.  

My acne didn't magically disappear, but after rinsing my skin feels tighter, and sparkling clean.  I think I will be trying this one again.  So much cheaper than Proactive's face mask, which is what I usually use, and my face feels similar after using this homemade concoction.  

Hope ya'll had a great weekend, and happy DIYing, chris!