Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Doughy Christmas Ornaments DIY


Trying to get in the Christmas spirit by reliving one of my childhood holiday DIY activities.  Making handmade ornaments with dough.  

Ingredients:
- 2 cups of flour
- 1/2 cup of salt
- 3/4 cup of water

Directions:
Mix all the ingredients together by hand, and knead together until a nice doughy mass forms.  Then slap it on a floured surface, and roll it out flat, about a quarter inch thick.  Also preheat the oven to 300ºF. 


Then get out your cookie cutters and go to town.  I don't have any Christmas themed cookie cutters, but maybe the stars will pass.  I'm kinda excited about the dino ornaments though.  

Before I popped them in the oven I poked holes in them, so that I'm able to hang them on the tree.  Then bake them for about 30 minutes or so, flipping once half way through.  

I'm going to let them cool and set overnight, and then paint them tomorrow, if I have a chance.  The paint will definitely give them some much needed character.  

Did you ever make ornaments with homemade dough, when you were a kid?  Or do you make them with your children nowadays?  If you've never given this a try, I would definitely suggest this DIY.  Fun for all ages!  Hope your week is going well, and happy DIYing, chris!