Saturday, December 22, 2012

Christmas Party Outfit


This is what I wore to my work Christmas Party yesterday.  I'm not much for red, so I picked green for my holiday color, which I'm a big time fan of.  Thus, I own lots of green things, and only one red article of clothing.  The top and shoes are brand new from ModCloth, and I'm loving them so much!  


Top--  ModCloth
Tank Top--  Target
Skirt--  Target
Stockings--  H&M
Headband--  Target
Necklace--  Urban Outfitters
Shoes--  ModCloth

I need new tops more then any other type of clothing, but I'm fairly picky about splurging on clothing.  I debated whether or not to buy this top, but I'm soo sooo happy I did.  It fits like a dream.  It's meant to be a bit oversized, so it's a bit baggy (great for all the holiday overeating), yet I still look slender and feminine in it (even after stuffing my face).  The colors are exactly how I was expecting, and this top will fit perfectly with my wardrobe.   


These shoes are so cute!  The colors are amazing.  I didn't do much walking or standing in them, so I'm not sure how uncomfortable they are.  From what I can tell they don't seem so bad, I've definitely owned many shoes that were painful in the heel or toes immediately after slipping them on, and this pair doesn't suffer from that issue.  I'm going to wear this pair sparingly, so they last a LONG time.  I love how the shoes brought everything together.  If I tried to rock the yellow tights with this look, and a pair of plain black shoes it wouldn't look as cute.  



Hope ya'll are have a great weekend, and happy DIYing, chris!