Monday, December 31, 2012

Mug Coffee Cake


Happy Nom Nom Monday! I'm still in Birthday Mode, so I made a Mug Coffee Cake.  I found the recipe on Prudent Baby, and she has some great photo instructions.

Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1/8 teaspoon of baking powder
For the Crumb Topping:
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- a pinch of cinnamon

Directions:
Melt the butter in a coffee mug for about 10 - 15 seconds in a microwave.  Then stir in the sugar.  Next the egg, the the flour and baking powder.  In a separate bowl melt the other tablespoon of butter, and then mix the flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon in.  

Finally crumble the mixture over the top of the ingredients in the mug.  

Microwave for 60 seconds, and if it looks to gooey add an additional 10 seconds.   Let it cool down a bit before enjoying.  

I enjoyed every bite of this.  I can't believe it's been so long since I've had a mug cake.  I guess they're more of winter treat though.  Which means this is the perfect time of the year to enjoy a cabinet full of mug cakes!  Happy Nom Nom Monday, chris!