Sunday, July 29, 2012

Colorful Progress


I'm making colorful progress (finally!) at my house.  First, here is a reminder of what my kitchen looked like:

 Wood paneling and dirty grubbiness and all.  



Now for some color on those nasty walls!


Of course I scrubbed, and scrubbed, and then scrubbed some more before we primed, and painted.  Actually, we did such a good job cleaning and priming, we only needed one coat of Valspar's Sea Air.  

Loving this bright cheery color.  Can't wait to finish the trim, and take all the painter's tape down.  Wait, no, I can't wait to cook in my new pretty kitchen!  

Now we're moving on to the dining room.  For the rest of the house I bought an airless paint sprayer.  I was nervous about using it, so I let my mom put it to the test.  My mom's always good like that.  It's turning out well.  So glad we made this purchase, it will make painting the rest of the house ten times faster.  

Hope ya'll had a great weekend, and happy DIYing, chris!

P.S.  Here's a funny photo of how the airless paint sprayer coated my nose hairs.  I had a good laugh when I looked in the mirror, and I hope you do too. :)