Saturday, October 20, 2012

The Zombie Look


We're going to a Zombie Party tonight.  It's required to go as a zombie, there is even a prize for best costume.  I know I'm not going to win any prizes, but I figure I better have some fun.  I totally enjoy dressing up for halloween, and I love scary halloween costumes.  I'm not into princess costumes, action heros, or the worst out there slutty costumes.  That's not what halloween is about.  It's about celebrating the dead, and the things that go bump in the night.  So lets have fun, and be playful while we do it.  Death doesn't have to be a depressing thing, and halloween is all about letting that go.  At least for me! Happy early Halloween!!!!

For the make-up I started with a layer of black and purple around the eyes.  Then added white all over, and blended in around the eyes.  Then I added more black around the eyes, and mascara.  Lots of mascara.  I also used some blue, green, and more purple around the eyes.  Then I used a super textured sponge to add this blood gel I have.  I also added some black around my lips too.  

I also used some gauze tied around my neck with a blood spot.  My bite wound.  I've had the troll earring since I was a kid, and there aren't too many occasions to wear it, but today works perfectly!  Any chance to rock a little troll hanging from my ear I'll take!  

I thought this shirt was appropriate.  I made this in college when we had a visiting artist named Bill Fick come.  He let us use his linoleum carvings to make awesome prints.  I absolute adore this shirt.  I also have a hoodie, with a giant print that takes up the entire back, but I had to retire it.  I don't want it to get ruined.  One day I'll get it framed or something along those lines.  

Well I'm going to finish getting ready, and go have some fun being a zombie!  Have a great saturday, and happy DIYing, chris!