Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Mixed Tapes .... Errr.... CDs????


Another long day at work today.  I got home just before 7:30pm.  By the time I settled in, feed myself, and figured out when I'd need to wake up for tomorrow an hour had passed, and that left me with little time to prepare a blog post, and get ready for bed.  However there is a simple project I've been meaning to tackle.  I drive a ton for work.  "A ton" doesn't do justice to the excessive amount of man hours I put in behind a steering wheel, but you get the picture.  I listen to a lot of music during all my drive time.  I'm not a fan of the radio, and I prefer CDs over using my cell phone or an iPod.  Though there aren't many places to buy CDs around me anymore, and I never think to put money towards expanding my CD collection via Amazon.  Suffice to say I've been listening to the same ten CDs on repeat for all too long now.  So I think tonight is a prime time to come up with a mix CD for my long car rides.

Ha!  Remember when we used to make mixed CDs for our best friends and boys we had crushes on?  What do kids do these days?  Swamping MP3s electronically sounds lame, if you ask me!  I guess I'm just becoming that older generation that doesn't understand the kids.  How can that be when I'm not even 28 yet?  My how technology has changed the way the world works in such a short amount of time.  

Anyway on to my new playlist:



1.  Ugly Casanova .................................... Barnacles
2. Songs: Ohia ........................................... Coxcomb Red
3. Bjork......................................................... I've Seen It All
4. Cake........................................................ Sad Songs and Waltzes
5. The Magnetic Fields............................. Reno Dakota
6. Sizzla...................................................... No Other Like Jah




7. Architecture In Helsinki....................... Heart It Races
8. Animal Collective................................. Kids On Holiday
9. The Go! Team....................................... Everyone's A VIP To Someone
10. The Books........................................... An Owl With Knees
11. The Magnetic Fields......................... Papa Was A Rodeo
12. Ugly Casanova................................. Hotcha Girls
13. Sizzla.................................................. Give Them The Ride

These are some of my all time favorite songs.  The bands are listed on the left, if you are unfamiliar with any or all I highly recommend giving them a listen.  Before I go I just wanted to make a point to say I particularly love Architecture In Helsinki's Heart It Races, because there is a part where it kinda sounds like they are screaming my maiden name, Helmerson, and I love it.  I know that's not what they are saying, but I scream my old last name every time.  I hope ya'll are having a great week, and happy DIYing, chris!