Tuesday, December 4, 2012

DIY Advent Calendar


For the past couple days I've been working on making my own version of A Beautiful Mess' Advent Calendar.  I don't have any wooden pallets just laying around the house.  I mean I love all these pallet DIYs, but seriously where do all these people get them?  I actually saw some nice ones earlier today, but when I was able to go back to get them, they were already gone!  In less then three hours they disappeared!  Wooden Pallets are in high demand!  

Anyway, since I didn't have any wooden pallets I used some scrap pieces of wood flooring from a section we had to replace in our bedroom.    My tree is about four feet tall, and it has seven 'branches'.  I bought a bunch of presents from the dollar store, and wrapped them with craft paper, and cheap plastic tablecloths.  I used yarn to hang them from the little nails.  I did this all in one go, and man was it exhausting!  Who knew wrapping 25 little presents, and hanging them from a little wooden tree would be so much work!?!  

To make it more festive I stuck these 3D stickers on the wall.  Aaron got them from Pier1 last year, after the holidays they were deeply discounted.  One of the (few) benefits from my husband working at P1, we have first dibs on all the freshly marked down merchandise.    

It's starting to look a lot like Christmas. We also got our outdoor lights up.  We still need to get a tree though.  

Happy DIYing, chris!