Sunday, March 3, 2013

Sleeping Braids


I have to wake up at the butt crack of dawn on work days, so I've been showering at night.  Though I don't like going to bed with wet hair, and with my hair being so long it takes forever to dry.  I've also found that with my hair length when it's loose it can strangle me in the night.   I'm constantly having to move it out of the way while I toss and turn.  So the past couple nights I've been trying to braid my hair while it's wet.  Since my hair is two different lengths, I have to start on the shorter side (the left), and work my way around.  When I get to the right side of my head I use the beginning braid as one strand in my new combined braid, and split the hair on the right side of my head in two, and braid those three strands together.  I'm not that great at french braiding, so it's a bit sloppy.



Sleeping is a lot easier with my hair like this, and I like the way my hair looks when I unbraid it in the morning.  I want to continue braiding my hair after I shower, and maybe one day I'll be really good at it.  That is also why I wanted to share a photo of how my braid looks now, cause hopefully with some practice I'll show some improvement.  Have a lovely sunday night, and sleep tight, chris!