Monday, January 16, 2012

Green Multi Nail Job!

Today was not a great day, and I didn't get half as much done as I would have liked.  I barely got my DIY done today.  I attempted to paint my nails.  I was inspired by this lovely nail job by Cupcakes and Cashmere.

I started out with a base coat of Sally Hansen's Mint color on my thumb, index, and pinky nails.  A base coat of Sally Hansen's Green With Envy color on my middle finger.  

Then I painted a clear coat on my ring finger, and quickly dusted it with Martha Stewart's Mint glitter over a paper plate.  I knocked off any excess, and painted a few clear coats over the top.  

Then using a white nail pen I drew lines on my pinky finger.

Once, the paint dried on my thumb and middle fingers I put a piece of blue painter's tape half way over them.  Then, with the opposite color of what I had painted each nail I painted one side of my thumb and middle fingers.   


Now this is where I messed up, the painted hadn't fully dried on the base coats or on the new layer of paint when I tired to peel it up, and up with the tape went my new paint job.  So I used some nail polish remover on those nails, and skipped the tape this time around.


Here's hoping you have better luck with this!  Happy DIYing!