Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Our Honeymoon Part One

Last year at this time Aaron and I were walking around Central Park in New York City on our honeymoon.  After our wedding on Saturday (April 16th 2011) we took a train up to NYC, and stayed there for a couple days before flying to New Orleans.  

Everything was just starting to bloom.  Spring was in the air, and though it was a little chilly last year we enjoyed every minute.  This year has been unseasonable warm, and almost all the cherry blossoms and tulips are done blooming here.  Last year they had just started!

There was a fancy milkshake truck parked near here, and we sat on the steps to The Metropolitan Museum of Art slurping up our tasty treats.  It was soooo cold eating them, but they were so yummy we shivered through it.



We looked around the Guggenheim.  They had a Kandinsky exhibit going on, and I couldn't have been more pleased.  I love his work.  I find his abstract paintings beyond inspirational.  It's funny that he happened to be on display that day, because I had used stamps with a panting of his for my wedding.  I also was using a Kandinsky calendar for 2011!

I love this photo of Aaron.  He looks so happy, and it couldn't be more fitting.  He majored in history, and has a knack for remembering historical facts.  


Of course I had to get a shot of the classic Flatiron building.  It wouldn't of been a trip to NYC if I skipped it!  Too bad it was so overcast and rainy while we were there.  I didn't take half as many photos as I would've been inspired to, had there been sunshine.  

We took a ton in New Orleans, and  had an even better time there!  I'll be sharing those photos with ya'll tomorrow.  Until then happy DIYing, chris!