Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Photo An Hour #3


I did a Photo An Hour with my macro lens on June tenth, and I have a ton of photos I love.  I went through them multiple times trying to narrow down my selection, and even though I only photographed between six thirty in the morning and six thirty in the evening, I have nearly twenty photos!  I don't want to inundate you, and slow down everyone's computers more than I already do, so I'm going to break this into two posts.  :) Enjoy!


6:30am - 7:30am
Everything is going to flower in the garden right now, and I'm sad it's the end of the broccoli and lettuce/spinach.  Though, the flowers are lovely.  So we let them keep growing, even though we probably should have pulled them, and planted something else by now.  Oh, right, what was I doing in the garden this early?  Letting Moose out.  That's the second thing I do every morning, right after I put in my contacts.  


7:30am - 8:30am
Speaking of Moose.  What a silly dog this little man is.  He doesn't leave the back door if I don't go outside with him, and he needs to go on two walks a day.  If I delay his walk at all, he bounces everywhere at home AND on the walk!!!  He's so darn excitable, and cute!  I can't get enough of him.  He's always good for a laugh.  


8:30am - 9:30am
While on our walk I spotted two awesome fungi!  I never noticed seeing the Devil's Dip Stick around before, but a while back Kaylah on The Dainty Squid posted some photos, and I was enthralled.  I wanted to find one, and I just so happened to down the street from my house!  I don't normally walk with Moose and my camera, but I had to head back out with it to get both these awesome finds.  I love the colors in the conch mushroom.  Not a typical mushroom color for this area.  

10:30am - 11:30am
Checking out my pocket contents on the back deck.  A doggie poo bag, some rocks, a button, and a penny.  If I see a button or penny on the ground, it will end up in my pocket.  I have a hard time resisting collecting a rock on every walk I go on.  I could probably fill a house with rocks, if I didn't curb my rock addiction.  Hehe.  

11:30am - 12:30pm
Working on a DIY.  I was enjoying sitting out in the sunshine.  I have to smile watching the sun create dancing shadows over my handy craft.  

12:30pm - 1:30pm
Salad for lunch.  We grew all the greens ourselves!  So tasty.  I also threw on some cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, chick peas, zucchini triangles, bacon bits, parmesan cheese, and blue cheese dressing.  When I was little my salads would mostly consist of chickpeas and tomatoes drenched in blue cheese dressing.  Well, I guess some things don't change.    

1:30pm 2:30pm
Laying out in the backyard while working on my DIY.  

This Is where I'll leave you for tonight.  Sorry this post is so late.  I kept putting it off, and half forgetting that I hadn't completed it yet.  Happy DIYing, chris.