Sunday, July 15, 2012

House Update


I thought about bringing my camera to the house today.  I even got it into one of my parent's vehicles, but I never took it out of the car.  I'm not thrilled with the idea of taking the camera into the dirty house, there just isn't a good place to put it or the bag down right now.  My mom has an iPhone, so she snapped a few pics.  I'll share some to show what I've been working my butt off on.  Ha!  I hope it works off a little bit of my thighs.  :)  

I've spent the most time removing padding that stuck to the hardwood floor in the living room.  I still have a little bit to remove, and my step-dad is letting us borrow an awesome tool.  It's basically a battery operated handheld scrapper.  Way faster then doing it by hand.  Wish I knew about it sooner!  I was really worried the same padding that stuck to the living room floor would be under the carpet on the stairs.  I put off ripping it up, but I finally had to see what was under it.  We really lucked out that it was not that horrible green padding.  When I first saw it was yellow I got a second wind I was so excited.  

No after pictures yet, but the stairs look great.  I was so pleased when I tore off that carpeting.  It was more time consuming removing all the tact strips and staples then the carpet and padding on the stairs.  

We also decided that it would be a good idea to remove the paneling at least from the room we want to be our bedroom.  That way when we do get around to removing the paneling around the rest of the home we wont loose our bedroom.  My step-dad, Andy helped with that part while I was working on the stairs.  My mom was working on the floor, and Aaron was at work.  All so busy, busy, busy.  Since Aaron is working everyday I'm super thankful my parents are able and willing to help.  They've been fantastic.  I'm so lucky to have such awesome parents.  :)    

Sorry I don't have more photos.  I'm extra tired!  I have to go back to work tomorrow.  Not work on the house, but work work.  With a paycheck.  Which is good.  Money is helpful, but I sure would like to finish up the work on the house.  I'm excited to be able to get everything done, and be able to move in.  Soon enough.  All within due time, right?  

Happy DIYing, chris.