Thursday, July 12, 2012

Plum, Kiwi, Pineapple Cocktail


Happy Thirsty Thursday.  I got so wrapped up in work, and then my house I almost forgot about today's post.  So after dinner I had to run out to get some supplies to make a drink with.  I didn't have ANYTHING in the house I could use.  I knew I wanted to use fresh fruit, and this is what I came up with.

Ingredients:
- half a plum
- half a kiwi
- two or three chunks of pineapple
- white rum
- 7up
- simple syrup

Directions:
Chop the fruit up into small pieces.  Pour a shot of rum, and half a shot of simple syrup into a glass.  Drop all the fruit in, and mash into the bottom of the glass.  Put a few ice cubes in, and then pour in the 7up.  Mix, and now you have a tasty refreshing summery drink.  

This drink is the perfect mixture of fruit and alcohol.  It tastes like a tropical island,  but not in an overly sugary way.  

I'm so glad I randomly grabbed this yummy fruit.  Just the kind of cocktail I like to end my week with.  Happy Thursday, and happy DIYing, chris!