Sunday, August 19, 2012

Pink and Orange Polka Dot Nail-Do


I have another nail-do for ya'll today.  Sundays seem to be my nail day.  I try to shellack my nails in enough clear coat to keep them chip-free through out the week.  By sunday I'm over the paint job, and my nails are do for a trim, or at least a good rub down with an emery board.  After I cleaned off last week's nail polish my nails were stained from the dark teal nail polish.  I was able to easily remove the color by simply buffing my nails.  To balance out the dark bold look of last weeks design, I went with a light girlie design for this week.  

A light pink base coat with a bright orange and pink polka dot design.  The light pink works perfectly with my bright colors, and polka dots couldn't be a more perfect design to accentuate how well these colors work together.  

I used Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear in Bubblegum Pink and Sun Kissed for the polka dots, and Ulta's Encore Pink for my base coat.  I topped the whole design with two layers of Orly's clear Won't Chip polish.  Clear polish is a must for all my nail-dos.  It's the only way to keep my cute designs chip free for more than a day.  

Well I need to finish my right hand before it gets too late.  Hope ya'll had a fantastic weekend, and happy DIYing, chris.