Monday, August 20, 2012

Sautéed Zucchini


Happy Nom Nom Monday.  Today we have more zucchini.  This time sautéed.  Perfect veggie dish for a summer meal.  We had the Sautéed Zucchini with burgers and homemade french fries.  

Ingredients:
- 1 medium sized zucchini
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper

Directions:
I cut the zucchini up into very thin slices.  Or at least as thin as I could manage.  The thinner they are the quicker they'll cook.  Then I heated up a medium sized frying pan with half the olive oil.  Minced and sautéed the garlic in the heated pan.  After a minute I added the zucchini slices, and the rest of the olive oil.  I let it cook for a couple minutes and then seasoned.  I used Krazy Jane's Mixed Up Salt and McCormick's Ground Black Pepper.  I covered the pan and cooked until they were throughly cooked, or almost see through.  About six more minutes.  

 I used some straight sea salt too, because I'm salt crazy.  I definitely went overboard with the salt.  If I ignored the salt though, it was a great flavor.  I'm thinking this is the best way to cook up zucchini.  The zucchini slices tasted great wrapped around the french fries!  I want to try this again with the appropriate amount of salt.  

Hope ya'll have a great start to your week, and happy DIYing, chris!