Sunday, January 20, 2013

Wax Paper Hearts


I'm not much of a Valentine's Day person.  I'm pretty sure it's a holiday Hallmark made up to keep the holiday season going. Though last year I made these Wax Paper Hearts with crayon shavings, and I can't get enough of how they look.  They are so pretty the way the sun shines through them, and they float around on the light breezes through the house.  I'm so happy to have a pretty bow window to hang them in this year.  



I hung them with thin yellow sewing thread, and taped them to the ceiling with painter's tape.  It's a simple but pretty way to decorate for the holiday.  I had a ton of fun making the hearts last year.  I liked the results of blending a couple different colors of waxes together.  I didn't make any new ones this year, but I'm dreaming up some excuses to use this technique again.  Hanging the hearts had me pinning for the excitement of melting crayon wax again.  

Hope ya'll had a great weekend, and happy DIYing, chris!