Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Valentine's Day Nails


I recently bought Nails Inc's base coat polish, and this was my first time trying it out.  I am throughly impressed!  After painting on the base coat I only had to use one coat of color on most of my nails!  With some of these polishes I've used up to three coats in the past!  Below are the polishes I used for this nail-do.  Left to right: Nail Inc.'s base coat, Urban Outfitter's Cupcake, Ulta's Encore Pink, Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear Bubblegum Pink, Nails Inc's top coat, Sally Hensen's nail art pen in white, and a red permanent marker.  

I paint on a coat of the base coat, then I randomly painted my nails with the three different pinks.  Once those coats dried I painted on a second coat of color, just because I'm used to doing that, not because they really needed another coat.  Then once the pinks had dried completely, or so I thought I attempted to draw on some hearts with the nail art pen.  I quickly realized the polish had dried completely and decided to do polka dots on the other nails.  I thought I could get away with using the marker while the polish was still wet, but I didn't have much better luck.  Plus when I went to paint on the clear topcoat it bleed all over the place, and now my hearts look like they are bleeding.  


I seem to be ultra impatient when painting my nails.  I have a hard time waiting for my nails to dry, and end up with smudged messy fingers.  Polka dots are so easy though, and always look great.  They are my saving grace when it comes to painting my nails.  I always think my nails look nice when they are adorned in polka dots.  Hope you have a lovely day, chris!