Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day Drink



Happy Valentine's Day and Thirsty Thursday!  

Ingredients:
- 2 frozen strawberries and 2 fresh
- half a frozen banana
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla flavored syrup
- 1 tablespoon of whipped cream
- 1 shot of dark rum

Directions:
Blend the strawberries, banana, and orange juice together.  Add the vanilla, whipped cream, and rum, blend, and serve.  

I don't know about you ladies, but if my husband woke me up with this (minus the rum) in a glass I would be mightily impressed.  I'm not even sure my husband knows we have a blender, little less where we keep it.  So it would be additionally astonishing.  

Though Aaron might not know where I keep the blender, he's a fantastic hubby.  He tries really hard, and that's what counts.  As long as we both are trying our hardest, then I couldn't ask for more.  

Oh, and by the way this drink is Yummy!  The banana helps cut the tartness of the orange juice and strawberries, yet without overpowering it.  This drink is the prefect blend of all the flavors.  It mostly tastes of strawberry, but you can taste the orange juice, banana, and whipped cream.  They all make up an important supporting cast of flavors.  

Again Happy Valentine's Day and Happy Thirsty Thursday, chris!!!