Wednesday, December 14, 2011

First Post ....

     I have been planning/thinking about setting up a blog for a long time now.  Though I kept finding reasons to put it off.  "I'll start one when work slows down .... when we're done planning our wedding ... when we settle into a new house ..."  The list just goes on and on.  Today I decided there is no reason to put this off any longer!  I'm not getting any younger, and my life isn't going to be less hectic anytime soon.  So here it goes!
     I'm attending a cookie party/exchange tonight, and I need to bring a batch of cookies and an appetizer.  I knew right away I was going to make my ol' Potato Chip Munchies.  I haven't made them in ages, and it's the first recipe I ever made completely on my own without any adult supervision (age 10).  They are super easy and super taste!  
     Since I'm making two things for the party, I wanted both treats to be easy, inexpensive, and something everyone would love.  The appetizer I found on pinterest.  It's called Pepperoni Pizza Roll Ups.  It looks like it will be a cinch to make.  Plus, how can you go wrong with pepperoni and melty cheese?  
     Here are the recipes, I'll post photos after I make them.  I still need to buy the ingredients :)

Potato Chip Munchies
1 cup butter or margarine (2 sticks)
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup crushed potato chips (5 cups uncrushed)
   sugar

   Directions:
  • Turn oven to 350 degrees (F).  In a large mixer bowl beat butter or margarine with electric mixer on medium speed till softened (about 30 seconds).  Add the 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla and beat till fluffy.
  • With mixer on low speed gradually add flour and potato chips, beating till well mixed.  Drop by rounded teaspoons about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.  Flatten the dough with a fork that has been dipped in sugar.
  • Bake in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes or till golden.  With a pancake turner lift cookies onto a cooling rack to cool.  Makes about 36 cookies.  


    Pepperoni Pizza Roll Ups
    Crescent Rolls 
    Pepperoni
    String Cheese
    Ranch/Marinara Sauce
         Directions:
    • Separate the crescent rolls into triangles
    • Place 4-5 pepperonis on each triangle and top with half a sting cheese
    • Bake according to directions on crescent roll package
    • Serve with a side of ranch and/or marinara sauce.  You can make as many or as few of these as you like!
    TIP:  I had to throw in my own twist to the recipe.  I made a little coating for the roll ups before I popped them in the oven.  I used about a tablespoon of butter, melted in the microwave for 20 seconds.  Then I mixed in some crushed red peppers, Jane's Krazy mixed up salt, and Lawry's roasted garlic and bell peper.  It gave the roll up a bit of a bite, and it was definitely a nice addition.



      Hope ya'll enjoyed!  Happy DIYing!

      1 comments:

      Anonymous said...

      one word....
      DELICIOUS!!!!