Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Polka Dot Nails!

Today I wanted to try this new nail painting technique I read about on the hybrid chick's blog, but it didn't work out for me.  My guess is because I was trying to substitute isopropyl alcohol instead of rubbing alcohol.  By the time I knew the iso wasn't going to work I had already painted a white base coat on my nails.  

So I decided to grab some of my bright colors, orange, pink, and kelly green.  Then I dipped a toothpick in one color, and gently made polka dots on my finger nails.  I made 2 - 4 dots on each nail.  It is good to wipe the toothpick against the side of the bottle before you make your dots.  That way none of your dots are so large they take too long to dry.  I used a separate toothpick for each color.  After all the colors were dried I added a coat of clear glitter polish, and then a clear hard coat to seal it all in.  



Hope you all enjoyed!  Happy DIYing!