Sunday, April 29, 2012

Dog Brooch Make-over


We went to a dog show today, because I love doggies.  I want one soooo sooo sooo bad!  I feel like I've been waiting forever for the right time to get a puppy.  We saw so many cuties today, but the waiting continues, cause you can't buy dogs at dog shows.  Or at least not the two I've gone to. 

When I got home I was inspired to work on my doggie pin DIY.  I've had this dog pin since I was a kid, so I thought it was time for a little make-over.  This DIY is easy as pie, and faster than the road runner!  I used acrylic paint and a small wooden stick, a toothpick would work too.  I keep small tin lids to use as paint trays.

Working from the bottom up, I carefully made polka dots on the little pin.  I made dots in a straight line, and worked my way up, off setting the next line from the previous.  

The paint dried in minutes, and I was able to put it on for some pics!  Actually I haven't taken it off, because I think it's so cute!  

Hope ya'll had a great weekend, and happy DIYing, chris.