Friday, June 29, 2012

Fun Friday Fascinations #11



1. I've been wanting to learn how to crochet, this owl might be just the inspiration I need.  He is so perfect, and cute.  Found on Love the Blue Bird.

2.  This pair of art slip-ons by Robayre are truly inspiring.  I want to go buy a pair right now, get my paints, and permanent pens out and go to town!  

3.  Aaron and I have been talking about the idea of a fire pit.  No conclusive agreement on whether we do or don't want one, but this one has me thinking, if we come by an old washing machine, we might HAVE to build one.  I mean, come on?  How awesome does The Flourishing Abode's DIY fire pit look?  Obviously this would make anyone's backyard ten times cooler.  

4.  I am head over heels for this art installation inspiring the people and tourist of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil to recycle.  The fish were made for the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development or Rio+20.  I love art that has such an overwhelming impact on the viewer.  I bet these are beyond impressive in person.  

5.  Frieke Janssens photos of chain smoking children are wondrous.  I hope this would make a smoker have a second thought about grabbing a pack.  

6.  I want to learn how to jump as effortlessly, and with as much elegance as Natsumi Hayashi.  

7.  Two fabulous map art pieces.  The abstract or geometric inspired map is from Michael Tompsett's gallery, and the colorful dino map is from artPause's etsy shop.  


8.  Finally, this ModCloth top isn't available yet, but hopefully, if you help me out by voting for it, soon enough we could all be having a lacy owl affair.  So please, please, please vote for this pretty top.  I'd love to have the opportunity to purchase it from ModCloth.  


Yay for fridays!  Hope ya'll have a lovely weekend.  I'm going to get out of my house for a bit, and hang out with my favorite couple.  Happy DIYing, chris!