Monday, July 9, 2012

Swiss Chard & Yellow Squash



Happy Nom Nom Monday ya'll!!! I have a super simple recipe for today.  We have a bunch of swiss chard I didn't harvest in time.  Since I let it go for too long the lush leaves were chewed to death by bugs, and I could only use the stalks to cook with.  The stalks have the same texture as celery, but it tastes salty. 

I sauteed some garlic in olive oil with a bit of crushed red pepper.  Then I added in the chard stalks and some chopped up yellow squash.  I covered the pan, and let sit for about five minutes, stirring occasionally.  When everything was nice and soft I dished up, and topped with a bit of shredded cheese.  Cheese makes everything yummy.  

This was good.  Definitely not a main course, but it will be a great side veggie.  Oh! It would be perfect with grilled chicken and dijon mustard sauce.  


Happy DIYing, chris