Saturday, July 21, 2012

This Is Me #7


I just got in for the day.  I started off at my house.  Worked there for a few hours. Got home.  Showered.  Tried to find my maxi dress, but couldn't and had to come up with an alternative.  Decided that if I was going to wear sandals I had to paint my toe nails.  Painted my toes mint green.  With my sandals on, I might add.  I didn't get a lick of nail polish on my dainty kicks.  I know. I rock. :)  Then we went out to dinner to celebrate my brother's engagement.  This was the first time we got to meet his fiance's family, and they are really great.  I'm so glad we got acquainted.  I'm looking forward to more time spent getting to know them.  We ate at this amazing restaurant called Half Moon.  They specialize in game meat.  I ate kangaroo meat, elk chili, venison sausage, and fantastic crab nachos.  If you live anywhere near kennet square, PA make reservations today!  Well ya know, if your into eating meat, especially exotic meat.  Though they do offer a veggie burger and a regular cow burger.  

Anyway onto my saturday series This Is Me.  

#1.  I eat meat.  And like it.  I tried out the vegetarian thing for a couple years, but meat just fills me in a way other foods just don't.  I don't think it's a good idea for me to eat meat everyday with every meal, but it is good to have in moderation.  Ideally I wish I could only eat meat I grew myself.  I know that's a tall order, and killing my beloved wilbur would be hard, but I'd know exactly what kind of life that pig had lived, and what went into that nutritious meat that would fill me for months.  

#2.  The idea of meeting new people terrifies me, but I always leave the encounters happier for having done so.  

#3.  I hate talking on the phone.  When it comes to calling people/companies, if I can foist it off on Aaron, I'll try.  So I'm sorry if you were hoping for a phone call.  I'd really love to talk.  Just not on the phone.  Though I should mention I worked in collections on two separate occasions.  I hated the phone before the collection gig.  I took the job in the hopes it would get me less panicked about the idea of picking up the phone and dialing someone's number.  No such luck, but I did learn what NOT to do with debt.  

#4.  I hate sleeping in past 7:30, and if I'm still in my pjs come nine I feel like I've wasted the whole day.  

#5.  I try to put photos first with my blog, but sometimes my camera and I need a break.  Making photos a priority means that I usually take at least twenty photos a day, but a good day is closer to a few hundred.  Back when people only used film, a famous photographer said he could go through ten rolls of 36 frames before ever taking a good photo.  After days of clicking the shutter that part of my brain needs a break to rewind.  Thus no photos today.  

I'm speaking gibberish, and I'm sleepy.  Plus it's almost too late for this to be considered a saturday post.  Goodnight, and happy DIYing, chris.