Thursday, July 19, 2012

Tropical Creamsicle Smoothie



Today wasn't that productive, and I needed something cool and creamy to soothe my nerves when I got home.  This is a tasty kid friendly drink for this week's Thirsty Thursday.  I made a yummy Tropical Creamsicle Smoothie.  

Ingredients:
- half a banana
- half a kiwi
-  3 tablespoons of frozen orange juice concentrate
- 4 heaping tablespoons of cool whip
- 1/4 cup milk

Blend everything together in a blender, and it is ready to be served.  If it's too thick you can add more milk.  It tasted similar to an orange creamsicle from Orange Julius, but wasn't overly orangey like some can be.  The banana balanced out the strong flavor of the citric acid.  Perfect drink for all this hot weather. 

While enjoying my tasty treat I discovered we have a thief.  Squirrels have been stealing our tomatoes before we are able to enjoy them!  I was really looking forward to this plump cherokee purple that was getting close to being ripe enough to pick.   This guy had a twin, but the squirrel ate half of it, and I threw it in the sea of english ivy in a burst of anger.  

Lil' jerks!  Protect yo' tomatoes from those rascally bandits!  Have a lovely thursday, and happy DIYing, chris.