Monday, August 27, 2012

Cheesy Pretzel Apple Snack



Happy Nom Nom Monday!  Today's recipe is beyond simple to make, with a complicated palette of flavors.  A great after work snack.  Mostly healthy, with just enough salty cheesiness to curb my hunger pains until dinner.  It also helps to keep me from scarfing down triple my portion size at dinner.  I don't think it has a name.  My mom helped me come up with it, she eats a variation of this for lunch sometimes.  I'll call it a Cheesy Pretzel Apple Snack.  

Ingredients:
- 4 to 5 pretzels
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 apple
- a little lemon juice (fresh would be better)
- lemon pepper for seasoning
- paprika for seasoning

Directions:
Break the pretzels up into small pieces, cut the apple up into eight slices, and toss in a bowl together.  Sprinkle a little lemon juice onto the apple slices.  Throw on a little cheese, and season with lemon pepper and paprika.  Pop in the microwave for 30-45 seconds.  

Enjoy!  I love how easy this is to make, but yet has a well rounded array of flavors.  As you can see I used store bought lemon juice, but fresh lemon juice would have been a more refreshing tang.  

Hope ya'll are having a great beginning of your week, and happy DIYing, chris!