Sunday, August 26, 2012

How the House is Going


Every weekend goes by so quickly for me.  I basically have a second (unpaid) job at my house.  This weekend my mom, my step-dad, and my husband all helped get the floors finished.  We have hardwood floors through out, and we had to sand them, clean them, and polyurethane them.  I did most of the sanding upstairs, my mom did it all downstairs, and Andy helped with the edging.  Everyone helped with vacuuming, and I did most of the mineral spiriting.  Aaron finished it off with the two coats of polyurethane.  They look great, and now we are almost ready to move in!  We still have a ton of work to do in our bedroom, but everything is looking livable.  

Here is a before photo of the living room:

Now a couple of what it looked like today between polyurethane coats.  


The dining room before:

The dining room after:


The kitchen before:

The kitchen after:


The upstairs we did the floors, and cleaned, but we haven't painted.  The floors look fantastic though.  

sorry about the sun flare in this photo.
The floors and paint look great.  Moving in is within reach now, and I'm totally getting excited!  I hope we are able to get the downstairs bedroom done next weekend.  We plan on using that room as our bedroom, so we don't want to move in until that's done.  Well I'm super tired, and I have a week of training ahead of me.  Happy DIYing, chris!