Thursday, August 16, 2012

Kiwi and Cherries Cocktail


Happy Thirsty Thursday!  For this weeks edition I made a Kiwi and Cherries Cocktail.

Ingredients:
- A shot of white rum
- 1 kiwi
- Cherry 7up
- 2 maraschino cherries


Directions:
Pour a shot of white rum in a glass.  Cut up the kiwi into bite sized pieces, and dump into the glass. Smoosh the kiwi slices into the bottom of the glass. Fill the glass with ice, and pour the cherry 7up over the ice.  Top with two maraschino cherries.  Stir and serve.  

I used an older kiwi, and it has a strong flavor of kiwis.  Sweet and tropical. 

Things have been stressful with the house, and I'm ready to move past this phase.  I want to be moved in there, and thinking about furnishing not construction.  I know eventually things will come together, but on some days it's hard to remember that.  I'm so busy with the house and work and the blog all the time, I have this ever growing list of things I'd like to read, and it's just growing larger and larger.  Well maybe I'll go read a little, and enjoy my drink.  Have a lovely evening, and happy DIYing, chris!