Monday, September 10, 2012

Peanut Butter Doggie Biscuits



I woke up at three am for work this morning, and didn't get home until just after six pm.  Aaron and I didn't really feel like cooking, and decided we deserved some sushi as a treat.  The whole drive home, and all through out dinner I was trying to think of what I would make for Nom Nom Monday.  I planned on going to the supermarket after dinner to pick up some ingredients, but Aaron didn't feel up to it.  So I was a real grump when we got home, and was about to give up, when my mom suggested to make some doggie biscuits.  I googled until I found a simple recipe that we had all the necessary materials.  Bull Winkle has loads of different simple dog food recipes, but I decided to with the Peanut Butter Puppy Poppers.  

Ingredients:
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup milk

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 375ºF.  In a small bowl stir the flour and baking powder together.  In a mixer combine the peanut butter and milk until throughly mixed.  Then slowly add the dry ingredients.  

Once it forms a dough-like consistency it can be rolled out flat, about a 1/4 inch thick, and using a cookie cutter cut out dog biscuits.  I have a small box of tiny cookie cutters, and they made the perfect sized treats for our little dog.  

Pop into the oven for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown.  


Let cool, and then let your pup test one out.  Which our old man, Scruffy was more than happy to model for a couple action photos.  These were beyond simple to bake.  Makes me think, why don't we do this instead of buying ones from the pet store?  Maybe we wont now that we know how easy it is to make them.  



Well I'm beat, and beyond ready to go to bed.  Hope ya'll had a lovely Monday, and happy DIYing, chris!