Thursday, November 22, 2012

Pineapple Whiskey Bottom


Happy Turkey Day and Thirsty Thursday!  Today I have an unusually tasty cocktail for ya'll, a Pineapple Whiskey Bottom.  

Ingredients:
- a shot of Whiskey or Bourbon
- a splash of Simple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Pineapple Juice
- 2 maraschino cherries, plus a little juice
- Club Soda


Directions:
Using a tall glass pour in the whiskey, syrup, and pineapple juice.  Add the desired amount of ice, and add the maraschino cherries with a teensy bit of juice from the jar.  Fill the glass with club soda, stir and enjoy.  


I know this might sound like a strange combination to some, but it's absolutely delicious.  I made my hubby taste it, and he has a much lower tolerance for weird drinks than me, and he even said it was yummy.  The pineapple complements the whiskey perfectly.  I do suggest using a high quality alcohol though.  I'm not so sure this would taste so great with say Old Granddad.  

Hope ya'll are enjoying your holiday, and happy Thirsty Thursday!