Sunday, December 16, 2012

Favorite Local Eateries


Today I want to share a couple local eateries that I really dig.  The first place I want to share is called Casapulla's Sub Shop.  It's a fantastic deli/sub shop.  Definitely a local favorite.  I love their deli meats and cheeses, they are always perfectly sliced, and so fresh.  I love a great Italian Sub, so that's what I usually order, and it's so yummy.  I'm never disappointed with the sandwich I get, even when I forget to ask for mayo & mustard.  They also sell a bunch of old fashioned candy.  I keep telling myself that I'm going to buy some Turkish Taffy next time I go in there.  


The other food place I want to gloat about is called Mariscos.  It's a Mexican food stop, and the food is like mana from heaven.  Okay that might be a little over the top, but having lived in California and then moved back to the east coast, it is hard to find good authentic Mexican food that tastes fantastic on this coast.  Aaron and I have been searching since we moved back, and it's taken four plus years to find a great place that is in our backyard (practically).    Sadly this place is closing down come Tuesday, due to their lease being up, and the new owners are hiking up their rent.  I'm so sad that today is the last time I will ever eat there.  So yummy.  I guess the hunt is back on, or I'm driving out to Oxford for my Mexican fix.  

That is what a good steak taco should look like.  If you're eating a 'taco' and it doesn't have fresh cilantro, and chopped bits of steak, then you're not eating a real taco.  Oh, and your taco should definitely be served with a wedge of lime.  So fresh, and flavorful.  

What's your favorite local eatery?  When you treat yourself to some unhealthy fast food, what do you instantly gravitate towards?  No national chains please.  I love supporting local businesses, and I definitely love local food hot spots.  If you live anywhere near Delaware definitely check out Casapulla's.  I'm sorry you wont be able to enjoy some taco's from Mariscos though.  So sad they're closing!  On that note, I'm outta here, have a great night, and happy DIYing, chris!