Thursday, January 24, 2013

Cream Soda


I saw a recipe for Homemade Italian Cream Soda on Butter With A Side Of Bread last week, and I've been dreaming of it ever since.  So today I went on a hunt for flavored syrups. We tried a store called Kitchen Kapers, no luck, we tried a local coffee shop, a super market, and then we found some at Starbucks.  We were able to buy a vanilla and a hazelnut.  Her recipe calls for vanilla and raspberry syrups, but I'm not the biggest fan of raspberry flavored things.  Besides not being able to find any.  So here is how I made my cream soda.

Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup club soda
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla syrup
- 2 tablespoons of grenadine
- 1 tablespoon of half and half
- whip cream and a maraschino cherry to garnish

Directions:
Add ice to a glass, and pour the club soda over it.  Add the vanilla and grenadine, and stir.  Pour the half and half over the top.  Top with the whip cream and cherry.  Pause for a photo.

Then give it a good stir, and enjoy.  This taste just like cream soda, which is my favorite type of soda.  I'm going to be making these all the time now.  I'll have to learn how to make my how syrups, and experiment with more flavors.  

Happy Thirsty Thursday, chris!