Monday, February 18, 2013

Chicken Alfredo French Bread Pizza


Happy Nom Nom Monday!  Today I have a great recipe for Chicken Alfredo French Bread Pizza.  I found the recipe on What's Cooking With Ruthie.

Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 chicken breast (boneless skinless)
- salt and pepper
- half a french bread
- 1/4 cup alfredo sauce 
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 plum tomatoes
- a few basil leaves

Directions:
Cut up the chicken breast into bite sized cubes, and then season with salt and pepper.  Heat a skillet with the olive oil, and add the chicken chucks.  Stir regularly, and cook until the chicken is done, about 7 - 10 minutes.  While that's cooking dice up the plum tomatoes. 

Preheat the oven to 475ºF.  Cut the half of french bread in half, and then halve it lengthwise.  Place the bread on a cookie sheet, and spoon the alfredo sauce onto the bread.  My mom gave me a jar of Newman's Own sauce, but feel free to make your own or use a different brand.  


Shred the mozzarella onto the bread slices.  

Carefully place the tomatoes and cubed chicken on the bread.  Then bake for 5 minutes.  Top the pieces with torn basil leaves.  Serve and enjoy!  

This was so yummy I used the other half of french bread to make it for lunch the next day!  I also cooked three chicken breast instead of two, so I would have plenty of leftovers to recreate this.  I'll have to try different versions of this with other toppings and sauces.  What a great way to make a simple pizza for two.  Plus we have a great bakery within walking distance of our house, so it's hard to resist the fresh local bread.  So glad I found this recipe!


Hope you had  a great President's Day, and Happy Nom Nom Monday, chris!