Saturday, June 9, 2012

This Is Me #1


I'm over my Saturday Blogger Love.  I still enjoy reading other blogs a ton, but I feel like my Fun Friday Fascinations is a great place for me to link up some awesome finds in the blogosphere.  There are only so many days I need to repost or copy other content I'm seeing around the net.  In an effort to keep saturday's simple, but totally me, I came up with a new series.


This Is Me will be all about things I love, and what makes me me.  I have a ton of ideas for this new series, and I can't wait to share them with you.  Each saturday I will share five fun random tidbits about me.  I hope you enjoy! :)

#1.  I have blue eyes.  I get the most complements for how pretty people think they are.  For me, they are just my eyes, and most everyone in my family has the same eyes.  I didn't realize blue eyes were so uncommon until we talked about genetics in science class.  
#2.  Bugs love to eat me.  Delaware has lots of marsh land, which means lots of standing water, which means lots of mosquitoes.  I spend most of the summer with at least thirty bites in random spots.  No exaggeration there, thirty is being conservative.  They really like my knees and ankles.      

#3.  I have two tattoos.  The first one I got on my right shoulder blade.  It's a butterfly coming out of a cocoon backwards, hanging from a 'C' or crescent moon.  I came up with the idea when I was seventeen.  My mom drew it for me, and went with me for my eighteenth birthday to get it done.  It might be a silly butterfly tattoo, but I'll always love it because it has a personal meaning for me, as corny as it may sound.  

#4.  My other tattoo is on my left wrist, and is of the golden spiral.  The golden spiral or the golden ratio is the most common number found in nature.  It's related to the Fibonacci numbers, or da Vinci's Vitruvian Man.  I'm not a math whizz, but I love the beauty in this.  For me this symbolizes noticing the little details, and loving everyday for the simple wonders in life.  This spiral is the same spiral seen in the way rose's grow their petals, or a conch shell is shaped.  Isn't it lovely that two things so unrelated have the same pattern intrinsically apart of their physicality?    

#5.  My socks never match.  I don't remember when I started doing this, but I think it had to do with not knowing what to do with socks that didn't have a mate. Plus it saves time on folding laundry, I can dump all my socks into their drawer.  No matching up each individual socks, and balling them together.

I hope you enjoyed this new series.  Have a lovely day, and happy DIYing, chris!