Saturday, December 31, 2011

Making a calendar out of scrapbooking paper

For the next 12 days I'm going to make a calendar for each month of the year.  Obviously I'm starting with January.  To get started you will need 13 sheets of scrapbooking paper.  I used doubled sided sheets, but it's not needed.    

- First cut out 31 squares that are 1.5 inches square.  

- Using a ruler organize the squares on a sheet of scrapbooking paper.  Keep in mind whatever paper you pick to put the squares on, the back side will be February's background for tomorrow's project.  Once you get the proper spacing for all the squares glue each one down individually.  

- Then write 'Sunday', 'Monday', 'Tuesday', 'Wednesday', 'Thursday', 'Friday', and 'Saturday' across the top.  Then number each block from left to right.  

- Pick a different scrapbook paper for the January background.  Then write 'January 2012' in large letters across the top.  

- You can scrapbook whatever design you would like to on the page, but for mine I decided to do a simple snowflake.  I got 4 wooden skewers and cut off the tips.  I cut one in half, and two an inch shorter then cut them in half.  I covered them in glue then sprinkled glitter on them, and hot glued them in place on the scrapbook paper for January.  Once it dried, if there were any spots left bare I put some more glue on them and added more glitter.  

Hope you enjoyed! Happy DIYing!