Sunday, September 2, 2012

August/September Days


At the beginning of the year I made a monthly calendar by hand, and each month I've been adding stamps and drawings for the big events that happen.

Here is August, a butterfly made out of different scraps of fancy paper.  For June, July, and August I went with a Hungry Caterpillar theme.  June was the caterpillar, July was the cocoon, and August was the butterfly.  

In the beginning of the month we went up to New York for our friend Derick's bachelor party.  My mom's sister Lynn had a birthday, and I totally failed to call her to wish her a happy birthday. Boo me!!!  I hope she had a lovely day!  

When I flipped over to September I was really pleased.  I forgot what I had drawn, and it's way cooler than what we've been staring at for the last month.  I'm beyond over the butterfly I made for August.  

This month is going to be another busy one.  We have two weddings to go to.  The first one is Aaron's cousin's wedding, and we'll be traveling down to D.C. for the day to celebrate with his family.  At the end of the month we have Aaron's best buddy Derick's wedding.  Aaron is in this wedding, and it's all the way at the tippy top of Vermont, so it will be a long weekend of celebrating.  We can't wait!  :)  

I was busy all day with the house, and getting ready for tomorrow's festivities, and I'm beat!  Hope ya'll have a great day, and happy DIYing, chris!