Wednesday, January 2, 2013

December Wrap-Up


Holy Cow another month passed!!! Today I'm going to review December's posts.

I was fairly busy in the DIY department.  One of my favorite projects was this DIY Advent Calendar.  I had a few other holiday themed DIYs, such as some Hand Painted Dough Ornaments, my Christmas Present Front Door, the Magazine Christmas Tree Make-over, A Single Christmas Card, and Three Christmas Cards, plus some Christmas Nail Art!  

I also had my one year anniversary for the blog on the fourteenth.  To celebrate I did a review on my most popular post Homemade Mod Podge vs. Real Mod Podge.

For Nom Nom Monday's I cooked Stuffed Chicken in Bacon Coats, an All American Monday Night Dinner, Cookies, Cookies, and More Cookies!, and a Mug Coffee Cake.  My favorite recipe was the Pork with a Brie and Blue Cheese Sauce.  So yummy, it makes my mouth salivate.  I need to buy some pork, brie, and blue cheese! Though both chicken meals were close contenders.  I've made the All American Dinner three times, and the ingredients for another version of Stuffed Chicken in Bacon Coats is in the 'fridge.  

My favorite Thirsty Thursday recipe for December was the Mexican Hot Chocolate.  The peanut butter twist was decadent.  I've also made a Hot Apple Cider Toddy, Hot Buttered Rum, and Hot Milk Punch for this month.  I throughly enjoyed them all, but I really took to the Hot Milk Punch as well as the hot chocolate.  

I didn't post too many outfit posts, but I enjoyed the pictures we took Christmas Tree Shopping.  I only posted two other outfits my Christmas Party Outfit, and an outfit comprised of Farmer's Market and ModCloth pieces.  

Of course Christmas also happened in December, and I had a birthday which I got a new cat for!  Her name is Winter, and she is about 2 and a half years old.  The cat was definitely much needed, and we are so happy to have a new animal in our lives.  

That was my December!  I'm thinking I should pick some favorites of the year, and do a similar type of wrap-up for 2012.  We'll see what the weekend brings, have a lovely end to your week, and happy DIYing, chris!!!